

I think Christmas cooking this year will be a totally different experience.
One of the other exciting things since our last post was our uninvited house guests. We had often seen a large ground hog walking across the bank in our back yard, but it still caught me off guard when he was walking across our deck to get to our pear tree. When Tim frightened him away he ran under the deck, which got us thinking. Sure enough, dirt was tossed up near the corner of the deck and house. The next week Tim came home from lunch to find 2, yes TWO, of them sitting at the end of our deck munching away. That was it. We called in reinforcements. If I didn't know better, I would swear the guy we hired with Carl from Caddy Shack. He came in tan pants with boots up to his knees and a camo top. He set 2 live traps - one by the pear tree and one at the end of the deck. Within an hour I looked out to find this...

One in the trap and the other just outside the trap. The "free" one actually seemed ticked off because his buddy was munching away on the pears inside the trap leaving him to have to climb the tree for his treat. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but these guys were HUGE!

By the next morning we had caught both ground hogs and a large raccoon. Ahhh! Critter free. What a feeling. We still have a large tunnel under our deck we need to fill, but at least the problem isn't getting any worse. I'm sure I should be concerned about the outcome of the little creatures once the left in the vermin truck, but honestly I'm just glad they no longer reside here.
This last picture is for Martha. THANKS for the great outfits!!!! We dressed the kids in matching attire for our neighborhood picnic. A little dangerous in Irish country, but it was still fun. Aren't they cute!?

Thanks again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment